Parents OD In Their Child's Hospital Room

A couple of parents who were spending the night with their baby girl in an Ohio hospital decided they couldn't wait to get a fix. Hospital staff could not believe what they found in the morning.

Mary Ann and Wesley Landers, a couple from Alabama who were at the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center with their 7-month-old daughter, overdosed in the baby's room. The baby was there awaiting trachea surgery.

The 31-year-old mother was found dead on the floor next to her daughter's crib. Authorities suspect she died of a heroin overdose.

The 32-year-old father was found unconscious, but alive. He passed out, the needle still sticking out of his arm. Police suspect heroin was his drug-of-choice as well. He was promptly arrested.

Both mother and father were also carrying concealed weapons and drug paraphernalia.

The baby, thankfully, is fine. Hopefully whoever takes custody of her will be better parents to her.

Source: AL

Photo: Hamilton County Sheriff's Office/AL

Tell Us What You Think

More News Stories

Most couples meet online these days, but it's important to remember just how careful you have to be when dealing with complete strangers. One...

Firefighters had to cut Jordan Kajewski,29, out of a chimney in Iowa where he was charged with trespassing. Brad Sapp, the owner of a reclamation...

A Chicago mother was horrified after she learned that a school security guard handcuffed her child under a staircase. The security guard's...

Technology is making it harder for the President of the United States to get around without notice while making it easier for reporters to trail...

During the recent South Carolina floods, one family lost almost everything except for two items--a Bible and a check that was written to their...