July 4th Tradition With Sparklers Lands Teen In Hospital, Limbs Amputated

Rowdy Radford was used to making his own homemade fireworks. But this Fourth of July he went bigger. His “sparkler bomb,” however, got out of hand and as a result required that the boy amputate his leg. Doctors say he may be permanently blind, according to KHOU.

The 15-year-old’s ingenuity lead him straight to the hospital after lighting the “sparkler bomb,” made from 180 sparklers wrapped in electrical tape. The Texas teen’s creation blew up in his face, as soon as he lit it in his aunt’s backyard. He didn’t even have a chance to run away.

He was taken to the hospital where doctors had to put him into a medically induced coma, according to KHOU. Doctors had to amputate his leg. They also said he sustained additional injuries to his hands, face and chest and that he may be permanently blind from the incident.

“It’s really hard to see your baby go through all this,” his mother said. “I just want the parents to know don’t let your kids play with fireworks, it’s not worth it. It really ain’t. It hurts because I want to see my kid talk to me and he’s not because he can’t. It’s really rough.”

Source: IJ Review
Photo: Independent Journal

Tell Us What You Think

More News Stories

A 51-year-old father was arrested for reportedly locking his son in a car so that he could finish his date with his 26-year-old girlfriend.

...

On Sunday, Mercedes Salazar, 32, was arrested for the kidnapping of her brother's 25-year-old ex-girlfriend. The victim had allegedly been held...

A person in Greece noticed a pet owner driving a car. His dog was tied to the back and dragging behind him. The witness snapped a photo and...

It is possible that President Trump could be impeached, but don’t hold your breath.

“Could Trump could be impeached” is one of the hottest...

Kim Kardashian, a prime example of a person famous for being famous, was hurt when her social media fans betrayed her. Un-airbrushed pictures of...