Doctors Misdiagnose Cold Sores In 10-Year-Old Girl's Mouth - She Pays The Ultimate Price

A 10-year-old Australian girl suffered massive organ failure as a result of contracting herpes simplex virus.

Doctors failed to detect the girl’s virus after she was feverish and ill, according to MailOnline, but her mother said she knew something wasn’t quite right.

“She didn't eat her tea, Briony loved her food so we knew she wasn't well,” the girl’s mother said. “We never went home with a diagnosis, it was all a guess. Everyone kept sending us home so we thought she couldn't be that sick.”

The girl was diagnosed with a throat infection and was given antibiotics, but she continue to get worse. Doctors said they saw ulcers on her throat, but sent her home.

“You trust that if she's sick enough, they would say she needs to stay in,” the girl’s mother told MailOnline.

A doctor subscriber her steroids for her throat swelling the next day. After that she had a blood test and an antibiotic injection, but woke up the next day unable to pass urine. She was brought to the hospital where she had a seizure in the parking lot and died. The virus was detected after her death.

Source: MailOnline
Photo: ABC News Australia

Tell Us What You Think

More News Stories

At a rally in Biloxi, Mississippi on Saturday night, Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump talked about the nuclear deal with Iran. He...

Sharing a car with someone often comes with one annoying problem: you'll usually find that you have to constantly adjust your seat. Unless you are...

After months of threatening to put Hillary Clinton in jail, Donald Trump has decided to focus on other matters as he prepares to assume the...

In 2013, American football fans were shocked when NFL star Aaron Hernandez was arrested and charged with murder. He was later charged with a...

A letter written over five decades ago has finally arrived at its destination because of a simple purchase at a local thrift store. Kathi Arnold...