Border Collie Saves Family from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

At their home on Thursday, Nicole Siekert and her twin daughters were sleepy and fell back asleep. That day, the family felt sick and drowsy when they woke up to get to school. Yet, Abby, their border collie would not let them sleep.

Nicole thought she had just come down with the flu. Although, just minutes later, Abby was frantically jumping on them to get them up. When Siekert went downstairs to let Abby out, she heard the carbon monoxide alarm go off.

She told WISN-TV, "It was like a flash. Everything just came together, and it made sense. We were all just kind of out of sorts when we woke up." She said Abby was nudging and pawing at her, even lifting her head with her nose.

Siekert went on to say, "She saved my life. She saved our lives." Bella, one of the twins, called Abby "Superdog."

Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless. It is the byproduct of fuel burned in cars, small engines, stoves, fireplaces or furnaces. It can kill humans and animals in minutes. Over 400 Americans die of carbon monoxide poisoning each year. In addition, over 4,000 are hospitalized with symptoms.

Photo: Youtube

Tell Us What You Think

More News Stories

It hasn’t been the easiest go of things for Ivanka Trump since her father threw his hat into the political ring.

She’s been subjected to a...

Instagram star Hannah Polites, who is famous for her fit body, says she has been abused on a daily basis by her social media followers. Her only...

Senior Justice Writer for the Daily News and Black Lives Matter Activist Shaun King has threatened to violently take over the government if...

You can wash your sheets and blankets all you want, you can take daily showers, you can pound out your pillows, but all these efforts still cannot...

Celebrity comedian and actress Wanda Sykes appeared at Boston's TD Garden for a charity event on Saturday. After making disparaging remarks about...