Marco Rubio Has A Message For Those Surprised By White House Drama

The controversies swirling around the Trump White House should not come as a surprise to anyone, according to Sen. Marco Rubio, one of the president’s rivals for the 2016 Republican nomination.

“I don’t know why people are shocked,” Rubio told host John Dickerson on “Face the Nation” on CBS. “This president ran an unconventional campaign, and that’s what the American people voted for. … People got what they voted for. It’s in the best interest of the country to try to help him succeed.”

The Florida lawmaker remarked that the “drama” the administration is experiencing is “different from anything we’ve confronted.” Newsmax noted that the senator was referring to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s recent remark that Congress would appreciate “less drama” in the White House.

The situation “is unique and different from anything we’ve confronted,” Rubio said. “I think the White House would benefit from some systems in place that perhaps avoids some unnecessary friction points. … This is also a political environment. Politics are covered this way, and politicians behave in this way to get attention. It’s the way politics has moved. It’s not good for the country, but that’s where we're headed.”

According to The Huffington Post, Rubio was responding to the latest reports about the Trump campaign’s alleged collusion with Russian operatives to influence last year’s election when he declared Sunday on CNN: “There’s no doubt this cloud is impacting everything else, and we need to get over this once and for all.” The senator refuted the president’s claim that investigations of the Trump-Russia scandal are a “witch hunt,” stressing that “these questions need to be answered.” He added: “Whatever the facts are, that’s what we need to make our decisions on.”

The scandal has intensified since Trump fired FBI Director James Comey earlier this month. Comey volunteered to testify to one of the congressional committees probing the election-tampering charges, which prompted the president to threaten him by suggesting there may be “tapes” of the two men’s conversations in the Oval Office. Trump admitted he dismissed the director to derail the bureau’s investigation of his campaign. The president also came under fire for giving Russian government officials classified intelligence information on May 10.

Multiple members of the Trump campaign had contacts with representatives of the Russian government while Barack Obama was still commander-in-chief. Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, was forced to resign when it became known that he had spoken with Russia’s ambassador to the United States and then misled Vice President Mike Pence about the conversations.

Source: Newsmax
Photo: Gage Skidmore/Flickr

Tell Us What You Think

More News Stories

She was born Addysson Soltau just eight years ago, but now she's making a name for herself as 'Alpha Addy'. The young competitive shooter is...

Jonathan Morales, 30, of Long Island, was arrested Tuesday after it was discovered that the off-duty NYPD officer rear-ended another car in...

At a Denny's in Oak Lawn, Illinois, Natasha West went berserk at a Denny's after she ordered $4 all-you-can-eat flapjacks.

She was angered...

A man in China who thought he was suffering from a cold had trouble breathing, so he went to the emergency room. Doctors took a chest X-ray to see...

Cars are dangerous. Think about it - vehicles that weigh several thousand pounds hurtling around on roads often at speeds exceeding 50 mph, and...