Quantcast

Restaurant In Hot Water After 2-Year-Old Ends Up In The Hospital From What He Ate

A little boy had an allergic reaction in a restaurant and ended up in the hospital. His parents said they were reassured that the child's meal was safe. To rub salt into the wound, someone on the restaurant's Facebook page told the parents it's their own fault for bringing the child out to a restaurant in the first place.

The Chapman family of Taylor, Michigan went to the Flamingo Family Restaurant and informed the waitress that their 2-year-old son, Jack, has serious food allergies. The waitress assured the family that the restaurant's hot dog and French fries were allergen free.

"They said everything is fine, hot dogs are safe, french fries are safe - they're just potatoes and basically vegetable oil, what they cook it in," said Jack's mom, Kelly Chapman.

Jack barely touched his food and he started vomiting by the end of the meal. The hotdog contained non-fat powdered milk, and Jack had an anaphylactic reaction. He ended up in the hospital.

"It was terrifying, very scary," said Mrs. Chapman.

The family complained on the restaurant's Facebook page, and got the following response: "If you know you have problems then why don't you just eat at home where you know exactly what the ingredients are - instead of trying to go to a restaurant (and all restaurants) in the first place. What happened here could happen at any restaurant - thank you very much for your review!"

"We were made to feel, at least I personally felt, that we were a nuisance, that it was annoying, and that it was my fault that I even took him outside my house to eat," Chapman said.

The restaurant owner says the person who left a response was their Facebook page designer, not anyone who worked at the restaurant. The owner also said that Mrs. Chapman should have asked for a list of ingredients before ordering.

Chapman said she did ask, and that she explained the allergies to the waitress.

Source: Fox2 Detroit
Photo:Fox2 Detroit

Tell Us What You Think

More News Stories

Although skeptical, Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) told reporters on Tuesday that he wants to start talks with...

An Indiana mother was home alone with her baby, whom she had just put down for a nap. Not long after she went to her room, she heard an odd noise...

President Donald Trump, who was reportedly livid that so many of his critics showed up at the Women’s March on Washington, ripped Madonna for her...

In March of 2003, Elizabeth Smart was abducted from her bedroom. She was then subjected to nine months of brutal torture, rape, and imprisonment...

Sarah Gallagher, 45, was walking near The Lake District in England, noticing its breathtaking beauty. Not wanting to forget the scene at the...

Latest News Stories

Lynn Craig returned home to Roanoke, Virginia, from Iraq in September 2005. Yet, his parents received a letter he sent them from Iraq 11 years ago...

After the tragic bombing of the Manchester Arena last week, things have only taken a turn for the worse as ties between the U.K. and the U.S. were...

At times, it's easy to dismiss the idea of kitchen safety. We think we know our appliances well, and we don't need to exercise all that much...

A California woman was devastated when her son was kidnapped by his father. She hadn't seen her little boy in 21 years. Now, they're finally...

When Disney threatened to boycott Georgia based on HB 757, Texas Values, a group advocating for "faith, family and freedom in the great state of...