Quantcast

Police Discover Meth Lab, Cooking Something Worse In The Bedroom

A two-year-old child has lost his life for unfathomable reasons, and it sounds like his parents are going away for a long time. As CNN reports, the parents had left him unattended for 38 hours prior to his death - but they were all home.

The child was placed in his crib on a Friday evening, and a space heater was turned on in his room. That was the last time the parents would check on him until Sunday morning. The toddler died due to hypothermia caused by exposure to the heater, which did not shut off automatically or contain a thermostat.

The parents, Kathleen Peacock and Lucas Barnes, contacted the authorities after finding the boy unresponsive. He was dead, and subsequent reports indicated that the heater "caused extreme discomfort and difficulty breathing as he died."

The pair of winners acknowledged that they had used methamphetamine recently, and also admitted to manufacturing the drug within their home over the course of the past week. Peacock, who is currently pregnant, says that she heard the child making some noises, but she still failed to check on him.

In short, the parents spent the weekend getting as messed up on drugs as they possibly could. They were so far gone under the influence that they either failed to remember to check on their own child, or they simply couldn’t be bothered because they were too busy feeding their addiction and own needs.

Peacock and Barnes are both facing charges of child abuse that resulted in death, as well as manufacturing a controlled substance in a home in which a child resides. As an added bonus, police would find that the home was in incredibly poor shape and essentially uninhabitable. They have since condemned the house, but it sounds like the parents won’t have to worry about trivial matters such as where they may live for a long, long time.

Source: CNN
Photo: Mad World News

Tell Us What You Think

More News Stories

Mike Huckabee said after the vice-presidential debate Tuesday night that Democratic candidate Tim Kaine acted like a “yappy little terrier,” while...

A man in Brisbane, Australia pleaded guilty to manslaughter for the death of his three-year-old daughter. The toddler was found dead in the dad's...

During an average night on the Oklahoma City traffic beat, police officers Cook and Vernier pulled a woman over for suspicious driving. They...

There has been an endless amount of speculation on the current state of marital bliss being experienced by President Donald Trump and First Lady...

It’s downright impossible to get away from political chatter these days. That goes without saying on social media, but it’s also true all over the...

Latest News Stories

A teen in a Florida school was told he violated the school dress code by wearing an 'American Cancer Society' t-shirt. Many are furious with the...

One bar and restaurant in California claims they have plenty of spirits, and not all of them in bottles. The owner says that on two separate...

Apparently, a principal at an elementary school in Utah has been placed on administrative leave and is under a police investigation give she...

A family in Lauderdale, Florida is mourning the loss of an 11-month-child, and it’s made all the more difficult by the fact that the death was a...

'Married at First Sight' reality show star Zoe Hendrix is enjoying motherhood. The young new mom shared a photo on Instagram on Friday showing her...