Status message

Operating in maintenance mode.

Mother Warns Others To Throw Out Common House Appliance After Freak Accident

Cassie Hodges and her partner Mark need a quick dinner option so they tossed some soup in their pressure cooker, hit the “soup” option and let it do its thing. Hodges is thankful that her three children were in another room when she went to help Mark retrieve the cooked soup.

"I walked back into the kitchen and Mark let the pressure release valve off, and the steam came out the top as normal,” she recalls, according to Life Aspire. “Then I heard a 'click,' suddenly I knew the lid unlocked. The next minute I was hit with something. The lid had unlocked and, because it hadn't finished releasing the pressure, the lid flew off and the entire contents hit me like as if someone chucked a bucket of water at me.”

That’s when the horror began.

“The noise of it was a loud sizzle,” she said. “I immediately screamed. My partner was holding his stomach and he pulled his arm back and his skin was all peeled off. I removed my singlet and ran to the shower, we called the ambulance."

Doctors at the hospital told Hodges that 12% of her body was burned and it would take weeks for her to get healthy skin back.

"I have severe burns to majority of both my arms my chest and my stomach,” she explains. “My daughter was in shock and was screaming in fear while watching me scream in fear, as well.”

The recovery as incredibly painful for her, as it was for Mark.

"I will be okay, but I want to share my story. These pressure cookers are not safe! I want the one I used recalled and I want people to be aware of the dangers.”

Source: Life Aspire
Photo: Facebook/Cassie Hodges

Warning: Graphic Content

Pressure cooker burns woman in freak accident.

Tell Us What You Think

More News Stories

Poodle Roo isn’t like the other roosters and it’s not just because of his weird name. When all of the other roosters would return to their coop...

A neighborhood in Cincinnati, Ohio quickly devolved into a chaotic scene that would leave observers walking away shaking their heads. A chain...

After being fired from Fox News, Bill O'Reilly rebooted his podcast on Monday night. The long-time number one talk show host who has fallen from...

Parents in Independence, Missouri are not too happy about isolation rooms used by the metro school district. Yet, the Independence School District...

On Tuesday evening, a Florida police officer was denied service by a worker at the Arby's fast food franchise due to their job title. Immediately...

Latest News Stories

Police were called to a Bank of America branch in California because an elderly man was causing a disturbance. The bank was refusing to cash the...

Though there are multiple animals in the Spence household, there are two who became very best friends. And their favorite thing to do is nap...

Cynthia Morris started a GoFundMe account to raise money for her son’s medical expenses, and plenty of well-meaning people were happy to pitch in...

While some have been swept up by fear and confusion in the midst of the deaths of Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, five police officers in Dallas...

A Judge was left shocked after a man, who was found guilty for murdering his family, requested to be able to attend the Hajj, a compulsory Muslim...