Quantcast

Kentucky Mother Barely Escapes Blood Poisoning from Average Habit

Audree Kopp is a mother from Louisville, Kentucky who got a vicious rash from doing something anyone else would do.

As part of her normal routine, she threw a glittery hair tie around her wrist before leaving her home. The texture of the glitter made an invisible scratch on Kopp's skin. At that point, bacteria on the band started to seep into her system. Not to long after, she noticed a bump on her wrist about the size of a quarter.

She did see a doctor who said it was "no big deal" and administered a round of antibiotics. Yet, the next morning, she had an open wound and barely avoided sepsis or blood poisoning.

She went for a second opinion, and doctors were stunned that the infection hadn't reached her bones and tendons. Dr. Amit Gupta, one of Kopp's doctors, warns that carrying hair ties on your wrist can quickly lead to infections.

Kopp wants to share her story and wrote, "Please share this, because I'm pretty sure 90% of us don't think twice about keeping hair ties on our wrists."

Photo: The Glow

Tell Us What You Think

More News Stories

Former FBI Director James Comey's father is jumping into the fray to defend his son, and he has some harsh criticism for President Donald Trump....

The further we move along in the presidential election cycle, it’s becoming increasingly apparent that there’s a decidedly anti-Donald Trump...

President Obama declared in his farewell address on Tuesday that white Americans need to better understand how slavery and enduring prejudice have...

A Brisbane bodybuilder is facing a storm of criticism on social media for uploading a video of himself laughing at an elderly woman “failing” on a...

Scores of homeless people die every day in the US and the UK, but the death of a homeless ex-soldier in the UK has sparked a public outrage that...

Latest News Stories

A fight broke out at a high school football game recently, and it was about much more than just a sporting rivalry.

Nick Dawkins, a high...

A family in Mexico was having dinner as usual when a tragedy struck. Their teen son began having a seizure during the meal. The family called...

Klara Dollan, 23, was ready to begin a new job as a sales executive when she woke up with excruciating cramps. She thought it was the start of a...

Country music star Randy Travis suffered a terrible stroke in 2013 that left him without a voice. Travis could barely talk, let alone sing, and...

A Town Meeting board representative in Connecticut took a page out of Donald Trump's 'locker room talk' and stepped out of line. After more than...