Quantcast

Girl Wakes Up Forever Changed by Glittery Object

Karly Retter's 9-year-old daughter, Olivia, woke up in searing pain one evening. Karly had no idea why until she found something on Olivia's bed that would leave her marked for life.

The furthest thing from Karly's mind was her child receiving 2nd to 3rd-degree burns from the comfort of her bed. Karly had not realized an unknown danger waiting for Olivia under the covers.

Olivia had her own iPhone5 that was supposed to be put away at night. Instead, Olivia kept playing with it until she fell asleep on it. Yet, it wasn't the phone that was the issue, it was the glittery case.

The mother, from the United Kingdom, explained that Olivia's glittery phone cover cracked open after Olivia fell asleep on it. Retter said that the case was full of acid and caused chemical burns on Olivia's upper thigh.

Retter shared “Doctors have said it is a severe chemical burn and she will be scarred for life. I can’t believe it – she will have a scar in the shape of a phone on her leg. Olivia fell asleep with her phone in the bed next to her on January 2, and woke up the following morning with the painful red burn on her right thigh.”

Retter's warning went viral, and the unicorn phone case style has since been removed from store shelves. Yet, there are probably others like it still available for purchase. Just because something is sold in public, does not mean it is necessarily safe. It's always best to read product reviews before purchasing and sticking to trusted brands.

Photo: Metro, Apple Act

Girl burned by cell phone case.

Tell Us What You Think

More News Stories

Former President Richard Nixon resigned in disgrace after a scandal that threatened to remove him from office. As it turned out, the scandals in...

Fox News host Megyn Kelly on Tuesday challenged Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz on his proposal to deport the estimated 11 million...

Donald Trump on Tuesday challenged Hillary Clinton’s spiritual beliefs, telling a group of evangelicals in New York City that “we don’t know...

The dreaded ‘hot mic’ strikes again. This time, it’s not a future president of the United States that was engaged in some potty-mouthed talk, but...

On Friday, Republican Rep. Steve King of Iowa made comments to Boston Herald Radio regarding his views on Jews in America.

He said, “here...

Latest News Stories

For honest, hard-working people in a community, drug dealers are often the bane of their existence. People in a neighborhood plagued by drugs have...

Charity, a second-grade student at Harrison Elementary School in Davenport, Iowa, knew something wasn’t right. She had gone down to the school...

Residents of Sevierville, Tennessee are up in arms over a sign posted by an adult store that uses a children's Halloween rhyme.

Many...

Roseanne Barr and John Goodman appeared on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' to talk about the upcoming reboot of their blue-collar sit-com, 'Roseanne'. It...

An SUV driver lost control of her car and plowed head-on into another vehicle. Both drivers perished in the crash. One husband offered a powerful...