Quantcast

Freak Accident Lands Boy In Hospital, May Lose Fingers And Leg - Could End Up Blind

Rowdy Radford was known for making his own fireworks. But when he made a “sparkler bomb” things got out of hand. As a result, the boy had to have his leg amputated and maybe permanently blind, KHOU reports.

The 15-year-old’s ingenuity lead him straight to the hospital after making a “sparkler bomb” from 180 sparklers wrapped in electrical tape. The Texas teen’s creation blew up in his face, as soon as he lit it in his aunt’s backyard. He didn’t even have a chance to run away.

He was taken to the hospital where his leg was amputated. Doctors say he sustained additional injuries to his hands, face and chest and that he may be blind from the incident. Doctors had to put him into a medically induced coma, according to KHOU.

“It’s really hard to see your baby go through all this,” his mother said. “I just want the parents to know don’t let your kids play with fireworks, it’s not worth it. It really ain’t. It hurts because I want to see my kid talk to me and he’s not because he can’t. It’s really rough.”

Though one of Radford friend’s was injured, that teen’s injuries weren’t as serious. More than 7,000 people are injured between June 20 and July 20 each year, Independent Journal Review reports. About 1,400 emergency department injuries during that period are related to sparklers.

Source: KHOU
Photo: Fox26 Houston

Tell Us What You Think

More News Stories

Facebook has always been known to favor liberals. Co-founder Mark Zuckerberg has always been very open about his politics and staunch opposition...

On Thursday, Sarah Palin spoke at a Capitol Hill event held to roll out a film that intends to discredit climate scientists. There she spoke about...

Taiwan construction workers were on the job when they made a startling find: human remains. They contacted police and authorities began an...

A college student was left outraged when she was escorted from a local shopping mall because she was supposedly inappropriately dressed. The 20-...

Most people have agreed that the children of presidents (at least, while they're still children) should be off limits when it comes to criticism....

Latest News Stories

Lanna Hamann, 16, from Arizona died after drinking too many energy drinks as she vacationed in Mexico. Lanna Hamann, 16, was vacationing with...

Dottie Fisher, 78, fell asleep while watching the evening news. The New York woman then felt Labella, her hearing-alert dog, jump on her lap,...

Everyone has their bad days, but one woman was having a doozy. With her twin sons in tow, she found herself at a car rental counter in an attempt...

A “deadly dome of air” that occurred in a manure holding tank is responsible for the death of a 29-year-old Wisconsin farmer and 13 of his cows...

A Congressman has introduced the first officially filed articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump. The measure, HR 438, was...