Quantcast

Surgeons Horrified When They Discover What Is Causing Woman's Stomach Pain

A woman in the African nation of Cameroon required emergency surgery after contracting appendicitis because she accidentally swallowed a condom, according to the Daily Mail.

The sheath had broken into pieces within the 26-year-old victim’s gastrointestinal tract, with one part sticking inside her appendix. The woman told doctors at a hospital that she was experiencing pain and tenderness on the right side of her pelvis. An examination revealed that a buildup of fluid was threatening to burst her abdomen.

The surgeon who removed the organ was surprised to find the condom piece inside. “We blindly dissected the appendix and found an incomplete piece of rubbery material which was consistent with a condom,” one of the physicians reported in the Journal of Medical Case Reports.

The woman acknowledged that the condom went down her throat while she was having sex with her boyfriend two weeks before going to the hospital. She had discovered pieces of the sheath in her feces, but did not associate that with the pain and discomfort she was feeling.

The doctors said the medical literature does not feature any previous report of a swallowed condom causing appendicitis. According to the Daily Mail, it is common for surgeons to find infected appendixes containing items like bullets, fishing lines, screws, coins, stones, toothbrush parts, pins, needles, teeth, bone fragments and dog hair.

Photo: The Verge, Bemozza

The woman admitted to accidentally swallowing the condom while messing around with her boyfriend.

Tell Us What You Think

More News Stories

Scott Walker is a potential presidential candidate who certainly knows how to handle the press and think on his feet. During the winter meeting of...

The hit show 'The Doctors' had an interesting guest recently who revealed some shocking concerns.

Pop star Aaron Carter has been in the...

A French couple with eight children living in the UK are demanding public housing, but they're not satisfied with what has been offered. After...

While the Secret Service is typically expected to leave no room for error, the agents are still human. Mistakes happen to everyone, but this one...

On Wednesday, a Dallas-area father was carving jack-o-lanterns with his 7-year-old daughter for Halloween when a suspected car thief allegedly...

Latest News Stories

A mom was looking through some old family photo albums and came across her child's birthday party. Three years ago, the family held the small...

A woman in Alberta went out drinking one night, and did a responsible thing: she left her car parked in a restaurant parking lot and got a ride...

Teachers were left gasping when they saw the traumatizing scars a 9-year-old had on his back and stomach. He was inhumanely lashed and beaten by...

In what feels like a scene taken out of a horror film, a 92-year-old German woman woke up in a funeral home just hours after a doctor declared her...

For the average parent, few things will make your blood boil like a feeling that someone is looking down on your children. These perceived slights...