Disgruntled Grocery Store Worker Caught Doing Something Disgusting To The Produce

A grocery store manager in South Carolina was shocked when he caught a former worker spraying something on the produce. He called authorities and they couldn't believe what the substance turned out to be. The angry worker claims that the store owed him money, but it still doesn't justify his disgusting stunt.

Pau Hang is a contractor who formerly worked for the Harris Teeter store in Charleston, South Carolina. Hang says two years ago he was banned from the store for an unspecified reason, but he insists the store owes him money for work he did. In a fit of anger, Hang headed to the store for revenge.

A manager caught Hang spraying something on the produce and approached him. The 41-year-old former employee was spraying a bottle of an unknown brown liquid that smelled suspiciously like poop.

The manager called police and police believe the substance in the bottle is liquid feces. Hang argued with police that the store owes him money, but that was irrelevant to the situation.

Hang was arrested and charged with trespassing after notice and damage to personal property. The substance is being tested by investigators to confirm what the bottle contains.

The store had to close down the entire produce department. All the produce needed to be thrown out, and the whole department needed to be cleaned and sanitized. It's going to remain closed, the store says, until a health inspector gives it the okay to reopen.

The manager of the store says that the cleaning fees and wasted produce cost would be around $3,000.

"We were extremely alarmed and disappointed to learn that today, a disgruntled, former contractor attempted to contaminate food products in the Produce department and Fresh Foods department inside our St. Andrews Shopping Center location," said a company spokesperson to the Post and Courier.

It’s a good thing Hang was caught in the act. If he wasn’t it could have caused some serious health concerns to any shoppers. There is a lot of dangerous bacteria in fecal matter, such as e. Coli, salmonella and shigella. These can be the source of serious infections if people come into contact with the bacteria.

Someone in a grocery store could have brought home that produce and fed it to a family. There are people who have died from fecal bacteria contaminations, so Hang was playing Russian roulette with people’s lives.

In addition, anyone who was shopping at the produce section that day would have put their hands on the fecal matter and spread it throughout the store, and beyond. The contamination could have spread to boxes, cans, counters, wagon handles, candy and soft drink machines, and more.

Little kids checking out a box of cereal or the elderly buying a can of soup for dinner could have inadvertently gotten sick from the contamination. People with compromised immune systems, such as the very young and the very old, are at the highest risk for these kinds of contamination.

Source: Daily Mail
Photo: Yelp, YouTube, Flickr/Northwest Retail

Tell Us What You Think

More News Stories

Dangerous booby traps have been hidden all over a New Jersey park's hiking trails. Police are worried that someone might get hurt or even killed...

Pedro Urresta is an Irondale, Alabama police officer who says he was denied service at a Krystal restaurant because of his job. His wife, Brittany...

An online match turned into a major nightmare for one Arizona man after the woman began stalking him. She started bombarding him with texts, which...

Some liberal political analysts, as well as conservatives, praised President Trump’s Tuesday night speech to a joint session of Congress,...

Jay and Sarah, a couple from Minnesota, thought their baby monitor would allow them to watch over their child. However, they didn’t think the...

Latest News Stories

The scandal concerning the 2013 lane closures on the George Washington Bridge has resurfaced, forcing Gov. Chris Christie to repeat his claim that...

The Sneakers Bistro restaurant in Winooski, Vermont is a local hot spot that was attempting to drum up a little extra interest. The restaurant...

If a school shooting were to occur, the Douglas County School District will be prepared. The district recently spent $12,300 on 10 semi-automatic...

As inauguration day draws near for President Elect Donald Trump draws near, Rosie O'Donnell seems to be spiraling more and more into a tizzy. She...

A student in an Indiana school forgot his lunch money, and the school refused him a hot lunch. The school provided him with a sandwich so he...