Quantcast

Dad Makes Sickening Find In His Daughter's Sippy Cup (PHOTOS)

One little girl was sick for weeks, suffering from stomach pains and diarrhea. Her concerned father couldn't figure out the cause of her suffering. Then he cracked open her water cup and was horrified by what he found.

Craig Beresford became suspicious of his daughter's Sistema Twist 'N' Sip reusable drinking bottle when his daughter kept getting sick. He grabbed a knife to crack open the top.

“Today, I took a sharp knife and broke the cap apart,” wrote Beresford. “It isn’t designed to be taken apart and requires a bit of force to disassemble. The internal components have been hoarding bacteria. We were horrified and heartbroken that our little girl had been using this bottle in this state.”

Sippy cups are notorious for nooks and crannies that allow for mold, yeast and microbes to set up camp. Some of the spots can be difficult to reach when cleaning.

Beresford contacted the Sistema company, and they posed videos demonstrating how to clean and sterilize their water bottles.

Maybe it's time for a less complicated cup.

Source: IJ Review

Photo: Facebook/Craig Beresford, Mirror

Father shocked by bacteria growing in daughter's sippy cup.

Tell Us What You Think

More News Stories

The Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL) was intended to make the transport of crude oil easier and cheaper, but protesters swarmed the area and demanded...

Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin criticized Hillary Clinton and President Obama for leaving the world in worse shape than when they found it....

A man in Thailand must have been very hot in his apartment, because he turned on three fans and aimed them at himself when he went to sleep....

One judge had no sympathy for a man convicted of murder. He was so disgusted with the killer by the time sentencing came, he threw the book at him...

The good samaritans of the world will not hesitate to leap into action when they come across someone in need. According to the Daily Mail, this...

Latest News Stories

Lanna Hamann, 16, from Arizona died after drinking too many energy drinks as she vacationed in Mexico. Lanna Hamann, 16, was vacationing with...

Students from Catholic Memorial All-Boys High School, in Massachusetts, have been praised after they volunteered to carry the casket of a recently...

On Oct. 15, 9-year-old Brianna Browning received a flu shot at school. Just a few hours later, her health went into critical condition.

...

Two teens in Berkeley County bond court broke down when they heard their families plead with the judge to allow them to be released on bail. They...

In the wake of allegations of President Donald Trump having an affair with an adult film star, a former Playboy model and other women, the last...