Dad Issues Warning About A Popular Snack After His Baby Almost Dies

One dad was home alone with his baby girl when she began to choke. The incident left the father shaking and he quickly realized what he did wrong that almost cost his daughter's life. He wants other parents to learn from his mistake.

Canadian dad Justin Morrice jumped on Facebook after his 10-month-old daughter, Annabelle, choked on a baby snack. He fed his daughter Gerber Lil' Crunchies, which are age appropriate. Thankfully, he supervised her snack as well, as parents should always do with children so young. But one thing went wrong.

“She was trying to cry but no sound was coming out,” Morrice wrote on Facebook. His little girl's lips turned blue and he thought she was going to die. Thankfully, Morrice had taken an infant CPR course and was able to dislodge the snack bit from his baby's throat.

After Annabelle and her dad calmed down, he tried to figure out what went wrong. Annabelle had eaten the snacks before without a problem. That's when Morrice noticed the label. It said to dispose of contents after five days.

Morrice compared a fresh can with the old can. “The ones in the can she choked on I can only describe to be like a foam ear plug... the ones in the new can crumbled with ease,” he wrote.

Many of us get complacent with food labels, we forget how our little ones depend on us to stay informed. Morrice says 'you can get lazy as parents,' and urges everyone to review those labels once in a while. It might help avert a potential disaster.

Source: US Magazine
Photo: LoveThisPic

Tell Us What You Think

More News Stories

Lindsay Hasz and her husband, Chris, went out for a date night in Issaquah to eat at an Italian restaurant, Montalcino Ristorante Italiano. Hasz...

In another daycare horror story, a mom in Reynoldsburg, Ohio entrusted her two children to a woman who provided day care services to the public...

Facebook users in the US and Europe have recently been reporting getting numerous friend requests from people they do not know from foreign...

Years ago, a singer thought she had finally hit the big time. Her dance-pop single 'I Wanna Be Bad' from her first album, 'Willa Was Here', peaked...

The parents of a 15-year-old girl in Auburn, Alabama weren’t expecting to see what they saw when they arrived home for the evening. The parents...

Latest News Stories

The mysterious case of JonBenet Ramsey came back into the public eye in a big way last year via a highly-touted show from CBS entitled “The Case...

Why paddle down a river, when you can be pulled? One UK-based man had just that thought.

Mick Carroll was walking when he noticed...

While vigilante justice is glamorized in all sorts of television shows and motion pictures, the reality is that actions of this nature are...

On Sunday, a Kentucky Waffle House in Nicholasville denied service to a soldier with the U.S. Army National Guard for carrying his firearm.

...

Some people just aren’t cut out to be criminals. In the bizarre, but not really that hard to believe category, we have a story out of the Big Easy...