Couple In Florida Waffle House Are Stunned To Find Dead Frog In Glass Of Water

A husband and wife dining at the Tallahassee Waffle House, Florida, have been left feeling nauseous after discovering a dead frog floating in a glass of water served to them by a waitress. According to the Daily Mail, the couple had been in the midst of an enjoyable brunch when the incident occurred.

Unsurprisingly, the woman who found the frog, Claire Sheats, was shocked and immediately contacted the Waffle House serving staff. However, when Ms. Sheats told the waitress about the dead frog, she was greeted with a very unsatisfactory and throwaway response. The experience was enough to completely sour the couple’s meal, and prompted Ms. Sheats to leave an unfavorable Google review on the Tallahassee Waffle House.

“We were served a WHOLE FROG in our water today. My husband drank from the glass before he noticed the frog floating around in the ice,” wrote Ms. Sheats in the Google review. “The staff did not offer us anything more than a 'sorry about that guys' - we promptly left and will not be going back to this location.”

Since the review and story behind it went viral, Waffle House has been under pressure to respond to the couple’s claims.

Pat Warner, a spokesperson, for Waffle House issued a brief statement on the incident, telling local media outlets: “Based on what our District Manager saw at the time and after reviewing the video, there are some issues we are looking into.” According to the spokesperson, the company is “working with the local operators to determine the facts.”

However, the internal investigation is already turning up some worrying results, with Mr. Warner saying: “Serving quality food and delivering a quality experience are responsibilities we take seriously, and we will continue to review this matter.”

According to WCTV, this Waffle House has already been the subject of several health violations. “Some of the warnings included food storage temperature violations and refrigerator drawers not being maintained in good repair,” reports the media outlet.

Unsurprisingly, online commenters also have plenty to say on this matter. “This frog most likely died in the ice machine. They should have shut down the ice machine immediately so that it could be cleaned and sanitized,” theorized Missnadine.

Another commenter, Helmethead, shared some disturbing personal stories about Florida Waffle Houses, writing: “Waffle Houses here in Florida aren't exactly winning the Duncan Hines award for sanitation. On a visit some years back with a couple of friends, we all ordered breakfast.

When the cook opened the fridge door which was under the counter, the door fell off on the floor. The cook picked it up and placed it back in position. My friends ordered the same thing - different than my order, and when they left they had to make an emergency stop at the nearest rest area. Needless to say, haven't darkened the door of one of these places since.”

Source: Daily Mail
Photo: Google, Clarissa Mae Sheats

Tell Us What You Think

More News Stories

A mother and father in China were horrified when they found out a teacher used a stapler on their son's ear. The teacher has been fired and may...

President Obama proved he is “incompetent” by failing to persuade Olympics officials to hold their games in the United States, according to Donald...

Waking up from a coma imposes a variety of physical and psychological stresses on the body, many people experience a gradual return of memories...

A jobless man posted an inquiry to Reddit asking advice from other users on how to invest his money. The man posted, “I’ve been 'bought off' by my...

A new mom named Erika Poremski went out to get something from her car. Two minutes later she was horrified when she looked back at the house and...

Latest News Stories

According to Donald Trump's national spokesperson, Katrina Pierson, the liberal media wants to blame Donald Trump for the recent violence at his...

An 18-year-old Ivan Armadi Hasugian attempted to detonate a homemade backpack bomb inside St. Joseph Church in Sumatra when it caught fire and...

On July 19, 2003, Army Lieutenant Jonathan David Rozier, 25, was killed after unexploded RPG munitions exploded near him during a patrol in...

The Freedom From Religion Foundation is a group of atheists, agnostics, and freethinkers that is based in Wisconsin. Rather than being content...