Actor Jeremy Jordan Claims He 'Almost Died' After Dining At Chipotle

The hits have been coming on the regular for casual dining chain Chipotle, and we’re not talking about new menu items that are knocking it out of the park. The chain has been rocked by a number of public relations nightmares stemming from folks getting sick after dining at one of its establishments.

While the company has been able to navigate its way through those crises, that hasn’t completely erased the memory of what happened. Another situation has popped up that brings those memories back to the forefront in a big way.

As Fox News shares, ‘Supergirl’ star Jeremy Jordan has gone public with claims that he became violently ill after eating at a Chipotle restaurant. The 32-year-old actor shared his tale on social media, and there’s no question in his mind as to how he got so sick.

“I know I’ve advocated for them in the past, but they’re terrible. I, as you can see, I am in the hospital and I have fluids in my arm because the food did not agree with me and I almost died,” he wrote.

“I just want to thank my wife for being amazing and talking me off the ledge when I was on the phone about to die and Chris Wood for holding my hair back metaphorically. I love all of you; thank you so much. It’s been a night.”

Chipotle was quick to offer up a statement in response, and the chain notes that it’s been unable to validate the actor's claims.

"We were sorry to hear Jeremy was sick and we were able to get in touch with him directly regarding when and where he ate. The timing of his visit, coupled with the fact that we have not received any other reported claims of illness at the restaurant where he dined, suggests that our restaurant was not the cause of this illness,” the statement read in part.

"We take all claims seriously, but we can’t confirm any link to Chipotle given the details he shared with us."

Fair enough, but that’s not going to change public perception after another allegation that things aren’t right at the chain. Back in 2015, there was an E.coli outbreak that stemmed from Chipotle restaurants in a number of different states. That was followed up by reports that more than 130 people became ill after dining at Chipotle restaurants in Virginia over the summer.

We’ll assume the company is conducting a full investigation into Jordan’s claims, and the findings need to be made public as soon as possible. If he’s off the mark, then that needs to be made clear - and the same applies if he’s right on the money. In either case, this is another PR nightmare that has fallen into the chain’s lap.

There’s no easy way to handle this. If they find that Jordan is incorrect, there’s the potential they’ll wind up in a war of words with a high-profile customer. If Jordan happens to be right, there’s no telling how many of the chain’s customers will be understanding after yet another high-profile health scare.

Source: Fox News, Daily Mail
Photo: YouTube

Tell Us What You Think

More News Stories

A police officer in Dallas, Texas has filed a federal lawsuit against prominent politicians, social justice leaders and social activist groups....

On Wednesday, Ryan spoke to a room full of conservatives at Heritage Action's annual policy summit. He talked about the 2016 presidential race...

If Trump isn't getting enough heat from across all party lines, he may be now. On Saturday, four Republican presidential candidates defended Sen....

It’s only been a shade over four months since former President Barack Obama left office, but he keeps creeping back into the spotlight. It...

On Tuesday night, the first lady stepped out for a rare appearance with her husband. She spoke at the International Women of Courage awards and...

Latest News Stories

Two first ladies got to share an awkward moment on the steps of the White House just minutes before the Obamas left for their well-earned vacation...

A recent Facebook post from a husband praising his wife for “snuggling” with their children, a practice known as “co-sleeping”, is leading to a...

Some people will take advantage of any situation. Earlier this week on Facebook, Joshua Smith shared how his sister, Kimberly Smith, had a scary...

Candace Pickens, 23, loved being a mother to her three-year-old son Zachaeus. Her aunt told The Washington Post, "When she found out she was...

Leon Phillips, 10, spotted a “Lovable Huggable Panda” at the Asda store in the Liverpool suburb of Hunt’s Cross, and it was essentially love at...