Status message

Operating in maintenance mode.

Muslim Woman Demands Court Bends To Her Law, Judge Has Perfect Response

According to the Pew Research Center, approximately 70% of the people living in the United States identify as Christian. But what about the other 30% of the of the country? Some identify as Jewish, others Muslim, some are Wiccan and some are atheists or agnostic. So why is it that when you take an oath to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth in a court of law, you are required to do so on the Bible?

One Muslim woman in a Pennsylvania is challenging the court to allow her to take the oath on the Quran. She in the middle of battling her estranged husband for custody of their child. She said that her husband is also Muslim and does see the significance of the Bible. She also said that he will only tell the truth if he swears on the Quran.

She argued that the law is not only outdated but it violates her religious liberty, a right that Americans call fundamental. Despite her pleadings, the judge refused to allow the woman to wear on anything but the Bible. The statute reads, “Holy Bible,” does allow for non-religious oaths, affirmations, and unspecified other types of oaths. Which oath so taken by persons who conscientiously refuse to take an oath in the common form shall be deemed and taken in law to have the same effect as an oath taken in common form."

This is not the case for every state in the country. The latest reports say the judge has held his decision firm. Logically thinking, people assign meaning to what they want. If a Christian is in a Muslim country, will they hold the Quran to the same high regard as the Bible? Probably not. But even if they are in a Muslim country and given the Bible, they will not be able to deny the significance of their own Holy Book and will have to tell the truth based on their own beliefs. The same goes for anyone in the United States-- a country proclaiming to have a separation of church and state.

Photo: Shoebat, UIGHUR

Tell Us What You Think

More News Stories

The football player who refused to stand for the national anthem at a preseason NFL game on Friday remained in the national spotlight two days...

A game of truth or dare went terribly wrong, claiming the life of a little girl. Four months after she was dared to drink boiling water through a...

A 6-year-old boy in Pennsylvania accidentally hung himself in the closet of his family’s Fayette County home in July, according to WPXI. Tristan...

A man posted a photo of himself and his infant daughter to Facebook, thinking it was amusing. He was unprepared for the thousands of comments that...

An anonymous woman was taking her dog for a walk in South Hadley, Massachusetts. She soon noticed a small green bag hidden in the woods. She then...

Latest News Stories

Manager Arline Wood, who has worked at the Outback in Slidell, Louisiana for 18 years, and a waitress named Zoë Rao decided the four police...

President Trump is failing to ensure that Russia does not harm the United States, Sen. Lindsey Graham suggested Sunday.

The Daily Mail...

Donald Trump, doubling down on his criticism of former President George W. Bush, suggested Sunday that the 9/11 attacks were preventable.

...

Some people are so loving that they give all of themselves even if it puts them in danger or risks their own lives. A dental practice in Ohio...

A teen is facing second-degree assault charges after beating his brother on the head with a baseball bat. According to reports, the twin brothers...